MASJID Main Building Opening Guidelines for Daily Prayers
The current COVID-19 pandemic has impacted practices of worship and gatherings for faith traditions across the world. As we move to open the main ICB building for five daily prayers and Jumah – please note that the guidelines are in place for protecting our community and to follow the City of Boise orders for Covid – 19. Protection of human lives and prevention of disease from spreading is rooted in the teachings of Islam.
Boise is currently in Stage 3 of Idaho’s Reopening Plan and gatherings of 10 – 50 people, both public and private are permitted with appropriate physical distancing and face coverings.
A mandatory face mask or covering order was issued by Idaho’s Region IV, Central District Health (local health authority) on July 14, 2020, and the order remains in effect.
The ICB main building will open on October 9th for the five daily prayers and Jumah at reduced capacity under strict guidelines. There will be no other programs at this time
The masjid will open for the daily prayers at Adhan time and will close 30 minutes after prayer time
The following guidelines are to be followed. Your goal is to protect yourself and others:
- Check your temperature at home and do not come if it is more than 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. If there is a remote chance that you may be sick, please pray at home
- You will be required to adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times during the five daily and Jumah prayers
- Stay six feet away and use marked areas for prayer to ensure proper spacing. Bring your own prayer rugs
- Wear your mask that properly covers your nose and mouth prior to entering the building
- Bathroom will remain closed. Please do Wudu at home
- No one should arrive early, or wait after prayer. Congregants can wait in cars until the time of the prayer, and leave immediately after prayer
- Use hand sanitizer before and after entry into mosque
- Avoiding physical contact such as shaking hands and hugging
MASJID Main Building Opening Guidelines for Jumah prayers
- The above guidelines will remain the same for Friday prayers
- We will continue to have two Juma sessions with limited capacity
- First Session at 1:30 p.m. praying @ 1:50 p.m.
- Second Session at 2:15 p.m. praying @ 2:30 p.m.
- Online registration is required for Friday prayers
- Register for Jumah via ICBID app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deentek.mymohid.icbidaho&hl=en_US
- Alternatively click on this link to register https://forms.gle/mjaiVN8HHcqL1azq9
As we prepare to open, we will continue to monitor the situation and track the daily number of Covid cases in our region. ICB will make a call based on the evolving situation, keeping in mind the safety of the community. We ask for your patience, co-operation and understanding as our community addresses the extraordinary circumstances of this pandemic.
October 2, 2020
Who are we?
The Islamic Center of Boise (ICB) is a place of worship and a place to hold events for the Muslims of Boise and the surrounding area; all others are welcome to come and join us or sit back and observe our community. We have a vast community of Muslims from all over the world that come to the Islamic Center of Boise for worship and other activities. The ICB holds five daily prayers (Salah) seven days a week, the Friday (Jumu’ah) congregational prayer, the night (Taraweeh) prayers during the month of Ramadhaan, and the two Eid Holiday prayers. ICB also conducts various educational activities for children and adults…Read More
Stay Connected with ICB
Subscribe to our SMS text message alerts and to our Email newsletters.